If you love salads as much as we do, this delicious recipe is perfect for you. If you are one of those who likes to vary and find new, innovative and simple recipes to make and above all that are healthy, you should keep reading. This dish is inspired by Mediterranean cuisine. The protagonist of this recipe are previously cooked chickpeas, those that come in a can work very well, especially if we are in a hurry and we do not have enough time to cook. Chickpeas generally give a feeling of fullness, this salad works perfectly in a lunch and you will not need to eat anything else.
The chickpea salad is very complete and is very showy because of the color that the vegetables give it and the citrus flavor of a simple but delicious vinaigrette that complements it perfectly. It is composed of cucumbers, tomatoes, purple or white onion (it depends on the tastes of each person), red or green paprika, all these vegetables cut into cubes. You can add finely chopped fresh parsley which provides a nice contrast with the other ingredients.
To close with a flourish, we can add pieces of cheese to our preparation, you can use feta cheese, which is of Greek origin and is prepared with sheep’s milk. Panela cheese, which is a Mexican cheese, and if you like contrasting flavors, goat cheese can be an excellent choice.
The best thing about this dish, apart from the fact that it is prepared very quickly, is that you can change and be creative with the ingredients. You can add whatever you have on hand, such as lettuce, sliced olives, tomatoes of different shapes and colors, or whatever you like the most.
Preparation: 10 Min
For the salad
• 2 cups cooked chickpea
• 1/2 red or green bell pepper
• 2 large tomatoes or 12 cherry tomatoes
• 1 medium cucumber
• 1/2 red or white onion
• Finely chopped parsley
an Avocado in pieces … it looks great … You can also add Tuna to give it a Mediterranean touch.
For the Vinaigrette
• The juice of a lemon or ½ Orange
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1/4 tsp red pepper (optional)
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Thoroughly wash all the vegetables and the parsley that we are going to use.
2. Peel the skin of the cucumber and cut into cubes. In the same way as the onion, paprika and tomatoes. If you use cherry tomatoes, we recommend cutting them in half.
3. Finely chop the parsley.
4. Place the chickpeas in a large container that has room for the other ingredients.
5. Add the cut vegetables and mix.
6. Add the parsley and cheese to the preparation.
7. Place all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a bowl.
8. Mix all the ingredients with the help of a whisk or a fork.
9. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and mix everything carefully not to spoil the cheese (it is recommended to add it at the time of serving).
10. Check the salt levels.
11. Serve as a starter or garnish.
We recommend that if you are not going to consume the salad at the moment, do not add the cheese and leave it for last. If we put the cheese and save the salad for later, it tends to dissolve and give a whitish color to the preparation that is not very pleasing to the eye.
We hope you enjoy this delicious salad as much as we do and tell us how it went with this delicious dish.