How to make the best Fish Bun, One of my favorite typical Ecuadorian dishes, I am the one who prefers fish bun than fish corviche, those of us who know both dishes understand me Ecuadorians understand me …… This recipe me It was given by my aunt, who is dedicated to selling bun daily with a more loyal clientele than Workshop Dog hahahaha
Ingredients for the Fish Bun:
• 8 grated bananas
• 2 pounds of albacore
• 2 tablespoons of Cilantro
• 1 pearl onion
• 1 medium bell pepper
• Half a cup of Peanuts Peanut paste
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon of toasted and ground cumin
• Platado leaves cut into squares
• Normal Refried for fish and stuffing
• Salt and pepper
Fish Bun Preparation:
1. Grate the green and mix with a little achiote oil.
2. Make a good fry with the onion, garlic and pepper.
3. Cook the fish in the water with a split onion
4. Add the peanuts diluted in water or milk, then the grated green
5. Add the leftover broth until you have a consistent dough.
6. Add the herbs coriander, oregano and cumin.
7. Cook, stirring constantly so that it does not stick until it thickens, for about 30
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. With the cooked fish, prepare another refrito with onion, tomato, seasonings just to give more flavor to the filling of the bun.
10. We wrap the Bun in the banana leaves (Below is how to do it step by step)
11. Steam for 25 minutes.
12. Serve with sauce of tanned onion, lemon, and chili (See photo)
How we wrap the Bun Step by Step