Delicious manna-style cassava chips or tortillas, a delicate and spectacular dough that you will not be able to stop eating.
Makes about 10 servings.
1 pound of grated cassava
1 teaspoon salt (not heaped)
Fresh cheese or manaba (quantity required)
1) The cassava is squeezed a little to remove the excess starch liquid.
2) With the grated cassava, balls are made about the size of an egg.
3) In a pot of about 30 cm. in diameter, water is boiled and when it is in full boil, the balls are thrown and left to boil for about 4 or 5 minutes so that they are half cooked (not completely and they are removed immediately).
4) Put the balls in a tray and crush them by adding a teaspoon of salt and the egg.
5) The whole dough is well integrated until it looks uniform.
6) The tortillas or a lotines are made by filling them with cheese and they are fried.
7) Once they are ready with cheese, they can be accompanied by sprinkling honey