The Pasticho de Aubergines is an inexpensive and optional recipe for vegetarians who cannot eat the Pasticho de Carne, both are equally delicious, and here I give you step by step how to prepare it as well as the sauces that you can use. I leave here well detailed everything in photos and video. I recommend them!
Ingredients for the Eggplant Pasticho:
- 3 large aubergines
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Neapolitan sauce
- 2 eggs
- Bread crumbs.
- 400 gr of Mozzarella cheese
- 1 red pepper (optional)
Preparation of the Eggplant Pasticho:
Play the video below! 🙂
- Peel the aubergines, cut them lengthwise into slices and strain them into a bowl with water and salt for 30 minutes (to release the bitter)
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, garlic, tomatoes into small pieces, fry them and add the can of crushed tomatoes … half a glass of water, salt and pepper. We cook and cook for 15 minutes. You can also see how the Napolitana Sauce is made here or if you prefer with meat you can make the Bolognese Sauce.
In this video you will see how to prepare the Neapolitan Sauce in 5 minutes!
- Drain the aubergines, pass them through the beaten egg and then through the breadcrumbs and fry them in hot oil until golden brown.
- In a baking tray place a layer of sauce, then aubergines, sauce again, and mozzarella cheese in pieces, another layer of aubergines, sauce and cheese and so on. The last layer should be of sauce and on top of it Mozzarella and Parmesan. We bake it for 40 minutes at 180º C and that’s it! I recommend you see now 5 ways to cook Broccoli
See also how to make the Bechamel Sauce