This is my version of Hawaiian Chicken. I prepared it in the oven but they can also do it stewed.
Ingredients for the Hawaiian Chicken:
• 4 chicken breasts
• 1/2 ripe pineapple
• 1 small onion
• 1/4 cup of coriander
• 1/4 cup chives
• 1 clove garlic
• 1/4 cup of olive oil
• 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
• Salt and pepper to taste
Hawaiian Chicken Preparation:
1. Remove the skin from the 1/2 pineapple and chop it into pieces of approx. 3 cm. Half of these pieces we blend together with the herbs, pineapple juice, a little oil, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. After it is blended, we arrange the chicken in a baking dish (or if it is stewed in the pot) and add the rest of the pineapple pieces
3. We pour the mixture into the chicken and that is! don’t be afraid to put your hand in it. Stir everything well so that the chicken is impregnated on all sides with the cream that we have made. (Make a few holes in the chicken with a knife so that it can go in there too)
4. We bake it for about 1 hour and a half at 200 | C so that it is well browned on the outside and cooked on the inside.
It is a very juicy chicken with a smooth texture and flavor, with that sweet and special touch that pineapple gives to the dish and also low in calories! Enjoy your meal!!