Today we bring you a very easy recipe to make. Lentil soup is a very delicious, nutritious dish, high in fiber and rich in protein.
This grain is a food with a high concentration of nutrients. It has abundant carbohydrates, these are slowly absorbed, which makes digestion prolonged and produces a feeling of high satiety. If you are training and want to lose those extra kilos, lentils are ideal to include in your diet, it is recommended to cook them lightly to have better benefits.
Currently we can get a great variety of lentils and we find them in supermarkets and raw packaged supplies, in bulk or in cans.
We must always bet on including legumes in our diet. Twice a week would be ideal and thus you will be benefiting your body with a healthy and very delicious dish.
This dish is a simple preparation. If you have little time and you want to eat vegetables and legumes in a single dish, this is perfect. Lentils are consumed since the colony, they have high Spanish influences and in its most exquisite variations it has chorizo, smoked flavors, pork or bacon that stand out in an extraordinary way.
Preparation: 1 hour
Cook: 45 minutes
- 200 gr. lentils
- 2 tablespoons of oil (preferably olive)
- 1/2 stalk of garlic porro or 1/2 medium onion
- 1 stalk of celery Spain
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 large red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of crushed tomato
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of curry
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground sweet paprika
- 1/4 tablespoon ground smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh chives to decorate
To soak them:
- Verify that the lentils do not have impurities, stones or grains in bad condition. They usually come clean but we still have to check.
- Wash the lentils with the help of a strainer.
- Pour the lentils into a bowl, cover them with water and leave them to soak overnight.
- When starting the preparation, strain the water from the lentils and wash them with water again.
- Cut and peel the garlic joint or onion, garlic, celery Spain, red pepper, ginger and carrots into small cubes.
- Next, in a pot with a lid, place the olive oil over all the vegetables and cook them until they are translucent.
- Place the lentils, bay leaves, tomato paste and crushed tomato, along with the broth, this liquid should generously cover the lentils and put them to cook over medium heat covered for approx. 15 minutes.
- To improve the taste of our preparation, season with curry, ground cumin, ground sweet paprika and ground smoked paprika, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- While it is cooking, stir a little and make sure there is always enough liquid (From here it will depend if you want them with a lot or little broth).
- Allow them to continue cooking over low heat and covered until the lentils are soft but still hold their shape.
- Serve them in a deep plate and garnish with fresh chives.
The method of soaking the lentils before cooking not only speeds up the cooking process, it also allows the legume to hydrate to the center of the grain, causing them to cook evenly and have the same texture both inside and out. outside.
Tell us in the comments how you did with this delicious dish. We wish you good provecho and until next time.