This recipe was passed to me by a friend. The truth is that the cake is perfect to have a snack with a coffee 🙂
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CAKE
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 220 g of sugar
- 90 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 natural yogurt
- 220 g of flour
- ½ about —8 g— of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 orange
- 200 g of a chocolate nougat tablet —or chocolate—
Preparation of the Orange and Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180º, heat up and down.
- Wash the orange and grate its peel. Reserve it. Peel the orange, taking care to remove the white part well. Pour it into very small pieces in a bowl, along with the sugar and eggs. Beat with the wire mixer for about 5 minutes. The dough will start to increase.
- Add the oil and yogurt, and beat again for 1 minute.
- Sift the flour, add it and add the yeast, a pinch of salt and the zest. Beat a few seconds, just enough to integrate.
- Put half of the dough in a square and greased mold. Put pieces of the chocolate nougat scattered on the cake.
Pour the other half of the dough on top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Let cool inside the mold until it is warm and remove it to a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
To say delicious is little! The truth is that I was surprised with its texture and its flavor! I recommend you see now this Brownie with the Secret Ingredient that you will love!