The use of the appropriate broth when making rice preparations is of utmost importance, the success of an exquisite and unforgettable preparation depends on this.
Homemade seafood soup is simple to prepare. This is based on a fumet (fish broth) that gives it the perfect touch and greatly improves its flavor. Next we are going to show you how to prepare it and you can take this recipe to the next level.
This stock is used to make countless dishes with broth, such as creams and soups, rice, fideuás and the like. Our preparation today is very simple, we simply make a sauce, add our favorite seafood and the stock, that’s all, ready to enjoy a simple but very delicious dish.
Our recommendation is that you prepare a good quantity of stock, you can freeze it in portions and reserve it for the future. So you will have it available for when you need to make another recipe that deserves a good fish broth.
A variant of this recipe is that you can use and mix the seafood you want, we suggest you try this combination of prawns, clams and mussels, most love this combination. If you want to add fish to the preparation, you can use chopped monkfish or hake tail.
In the case of stir-fry vegetables you can vary them to your liking, you can add tomato, more garlic, try spices to give it a more exotic touch, curry or cumin can be a good option.
If you make too much stock, remember that you can freeze it and use it in future preparations. So you can save time without neglecting the taste of your recipes. In the recipe that we present below, you will have enough stock to make this delicious dish twice.
Preparation: 1 hour
Cooking: 40 minutes seafood soup
For the fumet (fish broth)
- 150 g of heads and bodies of uncooked shrimp or prawns
- 500 gr of monkfish bones and heads, hake or similar
- 1 onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Leek
- 2 Lt of water
- Olive oil
- 1 Lt of fish stock
- 150 gr of clams
- 150 gr of Mussels
- 250 gr of shrimp or prawns
- 1 onion
- 1 Leek
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon of wheat flour
- Parsley to taste
- Olive oil
- We will start by making the fish stock (fumet) you must chop the leek, onion and carrot into small cubes, sauté for 10 minutes over medium heat in a large saucepan with a little oil and a touch of salt.
- Remove the shell of the shrimp and add their heads and bodies, the fish bones and tails and 2 liters of water and place over high heat, and gradually remove the foam that appears.
- As soon as it begins to boil, lower the heat to medium to continue cooking for 25 more minutes. And thus obtain a good fish broth.
- At this time we start with the preparation of our soup. Peel the onion and garlic, and cut the roots of the leek.
- Cut the vegetables and garlic into small cubes.
- Sauté the vegetables in a saucepan with a little oil and salt to taste for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Then wash the parsley, cut the leaves and add them to the pot.
- Add the wheat flour and stir very well.
- The next thing you should do is add the stock and process with a blender or food processor.
- Incorporate the mussels in a large pot, place the lid and cook over medium heat, you will know that they are ready when they have been opened. After cooked remove the shells.
- Sauté the peeled shrimp or prawns in a pan together with the clams until they open.
- Add the mussels, shrimp and clams to the saucepan (if you wish you can serve the clams with their shell, but this depends on the taste of each person), finally allow them to cook all together for about 10 minutes. Taste the soup and rectify the salt levels if necessary.