Incredible recipe that will undoubtedly be surprised by how delicate, delicious and malleable they are! Even when assembling your shawarma, your tortilla or pita will not break. This recipe really is uncomplicated.
Makes about 10 pitas bread (depending on size)
1 tablespoon dry yeast
1 tablespoon of white sugar
2 tablespoons whole milk or plain yogurt (unsweetened)
1/2 cup (slightly) warm water
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup to 2 cups of flour
1) In a bowl we add the yeast, the sugar, the warm water, mix everything and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
2) After it has rested, add the milk or yogurt and mix.
3) We add the flour and mix everything until we get a dough.
4) We add the salt to our dough in different parts and mix well.
5) We continue kneading for half an hour until our dough is smooth and manageable.
6) We stop kneading and let our dough rest covered with a damp cloth for 1 hour.
7) After resting time, knead it again and divide it into 10 portions.
8) We roll each piece and let it rest for 20 minutes.
9) After the 20 minutes of rest, we stretch each ball with a roller (they do not have to be very thin or even so thick, that they have a similarity to pie discs) and let them rest for 20 more minutes.
10) We heat the pan (it must be very hot)
11) Once the pan is very hot, put our first tortilla or pita stretched out and wait 2 minutes without moving it.
12) When we see that small bubbles begin to form in our dough, it is time to turn it.
13) We turn it around and let it inflate.
14) Once inflated we leave it for 30 more seconds and remove it from our pan.
15) So we continue with each pita until we finish our records and that’s it!