Today was the day of cravings for tequeños … apart from that I have a very dear friend who asked me for the recipe. For those of us who are far from our beloved Venezuela, try to make it with soft cheese or semi-cured cheese, paisa or any other hard and salty white cheese 🙂
Step-by-step video of how to prepare some delicious tequeños stuffed with cheese! super easy 🙂 Ingredients and preparation in the following video
Play the video below 🙂
What to use for this recipe:
• KitchenAid Kneader-Mixer: Buy on Amazon.com
• KitchenAid in Spain: Buy at Amazon.com
Ingredients to make the Tequeños – Makes 25 tequeños:
• 300 grams of wheat flour
• 2 butter spoons
• 1 egg
• White cheese, (hard or llanero)
• Warm water
• 1 teaspoon salt.
Preparation of Venezuelan Tequeños stuffed with cheese:
1. First we place the flour in the shape of a volcano along with the egg, butter and salt.
2. We are kneading .. I do not add the amount of water because we are going to add it little by little as we knead until the dough is smooth and comes off easily from the fingers.
3. We let the dough rest for 20 minutes
4. Meanwhile, we are cutting the cheese into sticks 5 to 7 cm long and 1 cm thick.
5. After 20 minutes, we stretch the dough with a rolling pin until it is thin, about 1mm thick more or less
6. We cut the dough into strips of approximately 2 cm wide and 12 long, and we are rolling the cheese sticks making sure that there are no holes, because otherwise when frying when the cheese melts it will come out, and it is not the idea: )
7. We roll them diagonally and 8 Squeeze the ends so that the cheese is not visible.
We heat very well abundant oil in a pan and fry until golden brown and Ready! put the children to make the pink sauce 🙂 and bon appetit to all!