Today we give you an easy and delicious recipe to make tasty fried plantains. Fried plantains are an excellent garnish in various dishes in Latin America.
In Ecuador in agricultural areas it is typical for breakfast, fried ripe plantains with melted cheese. Other very common places are the beach, which sell fried / roasted ripe plantains stuffed with a piece of cheese.
There are many recipes for making bananas. All the things that can be done with bananas are indescribable. There are even many recipes with green bananas. But we must agree on something one of the most popular and universal ways of making plantains is this recipe for fried plantains.
Fried plantains can be served as a side to many dishes in Latin American cuisine. They are also a good breakfast or can serve as a starter, simple are very rich, but with a touch of quesillo or cheese. You can use feta cheese because it is salty and makes a very good contrast to the sweetness of ripe bananas. Another good option is grated cheese when freshly made so that it melts.
- 2 ripe bananas
- Fresh cheese or feta cheese (you can use a salty cheese for better flavor contrast or grated cheese like mozzarella to melt)
- The first thing we must do is peel and cut the bananas, the easiest way to cut them is by making diagonal cuts, not so thick, if you want we can also cut them into long pieces, this is already to everyone’s taste.
- Now we must heat the oil to medium temperature in a pan, and add the bananas at the moment that the oil is very hot
- We must be aware since ripe bananas are sewn super fast, it is very important to turn them in time so that they do not burn, the ideal point is that they are golden on both sides.
- To finish we serve the hot bananas, if you want to add the feta cheese this is the right time, sprinkle the cheese on top of the fried bananas and voila, you have a delicious side or breakfast to enjoy.