Culinary research has been done and Venezuelans do not know the origin of this popular dish, what is certain is that it is delicious and has always been the protagonists in the lunches of this Caribbean country. Possibly it is an adaptation of the popular Spanish paella since its preparation is very similar. The paella was brought by the Spanish colonizers to America and many of the countries of this continent adapted it to their customs.
This traditional recipe smells of home and a lot of love. We hope you enjoy this recipe very much and it transmits all these beautiful feelings to you. This popular dish is very delicious and its way of preparing it varies greatly, as a contour or garnish you can use fried slices (ripe banana cut into wide strips and fried in a pan).
Arroz con pollo is very popular in Venezuelan celebrations. Birthday parties, festivals and any event you can imagine. It is a delicious dish that can feed many people as it is quite yielding.
This traditional recipe has passed from generation to generation, grandmothers and mothers who have prepared it year after year with an unmistakable flavor. The variations of this dish are given with the ingredients but the protagonist will always be the chicken.
It is advisable to eat it hot, but if we let it rest for a few minutes all the flavors will be concentrated and you will have a delight in your mouth when you eat it.
Do not forget to make this tasty recipe in which Venezuelan gastronomy is reflected in its maximum splendor, and thus learn a little more about the culture of that beautiful country.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
• 1/2 kg of Chicken
• 2 cups of rice
• 2 cups of water
• 1 Pinch of Saffron or yellow food coloring
• 1 onion
• 2 Garlic
• 1 Sweet pepper
• 1/2 tablespoon of sweet paprika
• 1 Branch of Chives
• 1 Leek Branch
• 2 Carrots
• 1 Can of Peas
• 1 teaspoon English sauce
• 1 Teaspoon of Mustard
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 Pinch of Cumin
• 1 Pinch Pepper
1. About two hours before starting the preparation, the chopped chicken should be placed in a container to marinate it with a little salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and cumin. You must mix it well and let it rest.
2. The next thing to do is take a pot, casserole or paella pan, add a drizzle of oil and when it is in medium heat, place the onion, garlic joint and finely chopped garlic until they crystallize.
3. Add the finely chopped chives, the paprika and the sweet pepper, all chopped into small cubes.
4. In the sauce that you have of all your vegetables add the chicken that you had previously macerated and mix well. Add the diced carrots and bay leaf for flavoring.
5. After 5 minutes, add two cups of rice, at this moment our protagonist the chicken should be releasing all its juices.
6. Now add half a cup of water painted with half a teaspoon of yellow vegetable powder to the pot and stir. Add the peas and fill in the two cups of water. Cover for a moment and check if the salt levels are good, if it is missing add a little to your liking.
7. Let it cook for a period of 20 minutes until the rice is just right. Finally, we must let it rest so that all the flavors are incorporated
This delicious recipe is prepared differently in every home. Sometimes the chicken is not removed the bones and the complete prey is placed in the preparation. There are also people who add bacon or sausages to improve its flavor. In any case, this recipe is delicious in all its forms and presentations. I hope you enjoy this dish and tell us how it went.